Are you interested in operating PSK31 – FT8 – JT9 – JT65 – WSPR –
Do you want CAT control to remotely operate your transceiver from your
Do you need high performance with transformer isolated Tx/Rx audio and
Opto-Coupled PTT ?
THE XGGCOMMS USB-DIGIMODE-1
ICOM VERSION FOR TRANSCEIVERS WITH 13 PIN DIN ACCESSORY CONNECTOR
This interface offers full USB CAT Control and Full Tx/Rx Audio plus
PTT Interfacing of your Yaesu Transceiver. It allows you to fully
utilise software such as Ham Radio Deluxe, Fldigi, WSJT-X, Echolink,
DM780, N1MM Logger, MixW, Digipan and many more.
INTERFACE KEY FEATURES
* CAT CONTROL. Full USB CAT Control of your transceiver. CAT control
allows your PC to control the frequency and mode of your transceiver
and obtain the current operational state for automatic logging etc.
* PSK31 ETC. Full transmit and receive interfacing between your PC
soundcard and transceiver to allow you to operate AFSK digital modes
such as PSK31, FT8, JT9, JT65 and many more.
* FULLY ISOLATED AUDIO. Full galvanic isolation of Tx and Rx audio
signals using Bourns 600:600 Ohm transformers.
* OPTO-ISOLATED PTT. Hardware PTT keying available over USB port
using RTS signal which is opto-isolated from the transceiver.
* PLUG AND PLAY. No additional cables required. Plugs into your PC on
a USB port and to the headphone out and mic input 3.5mm jacks. At the
transceiver, connects into CAT port and Data port.
* SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY. Ham Radio Deluxe – Fldigi – Digipan –
Echolink – MixW – N1MM and many more.
* SIMPLE TO USE. Simple audio level adjustment via operating systems
Speaker and Mic level control sliders.
* VERY COMPACT. Interface box is only 80mm x 40mm x 20mm. Sit it
behind the radio and forget about it.
* FTDI CHIPSET. Highly reliable FTDI USB Chipset is used in the
interface for the CAT control of your transceiver and the hardware PTT
* CABLE LENGTHS. From PC to Radio is 2.1m. This will allow the
interface to sit out of sight using up less desk space.
* INSTRUCTION MANUAL. We will send you a download link for the
instruction manual in the package. There is a quick “get you going”
TRANSCEIVER COMPATIBILITY LIST
IC-78, IC-703, IC-706 (All Versions), IC-718, IC-7000, IC-7100,
IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410 and IC-9100 plus any others with the 13 pin
Din accessory connector.
A QUICK START GUIDE (A DETAILED PDF INSTRUCTION SHEET WILL BE SENT TO
YOU WHEN YOU PURCHASE)
* Plug USB plug into a spare port on your PC. Download the FTDI
drivers and see which comm port it picks up in Windows device manager.
Make a note of this.
* Plug the green coded jack into PC headphone/line out jack. Plug the
blue coded jack into PC mic input jack. If your PC has a 4 pole
combined headset jack, buy a TRRS headset splitter from eBay.
* Plug Din plug into packet/data/accessory port on your transceiver.
* Plug CAT plug into the CAT/Remote port of your transceiver.
* Run up your favourite CAT control program such as Ham Radio Deluxe.
Set CAT software to use the comm port you noted from the driver
* Set the CAT software radio type and baud rate to match those set in
* If needed, set your CAT software to PTT key via the comm port RTS
signal. Most PTT via CAT commands these days anyway.
* Set your Digital Mode/PSK31 software to PTT key on comm port RTS
signal if your are using it stand-alone
* You can use the Windows sound level sliders for line out and record
in to optimize the drive levels to your transceiver and in receive
* Make sure you keep your transmitter out of ALC for optimum PSK31
operation. Keeping your output stage nice and linear is the name of
the game when working digital modes.
WHO ARE XGGCOMMS?
We are a small company formed by Steve (G8XGG) and have been trading
on eBay since 2006. We sell a large selection of Ham Radio CAT control
and Digital mode products for the main ham radio equipment
manufacturers. All of our products are assembled and tested in the
workshop in The UK. We offer full support on our products and so if
you need any set-up help, you only need to send us an eBay message and
we will be glad to help out. For our full range of products visit our
eBay Shop [http://stores.ebay.co.uk/XGGCOMMS?_rdc=1]
SHIPPING POLICY AND EXPECTED DELIVERY TIMES
We are based in The UK and use UK Royal Mail Small Packets for all
shipments. Our order processing time is no longer than 2 days. The
postal service used does not come with any tracking but is generally
highly reliable. International shipments are highly dependant on
customs delays, holiday periods and local postal services and so can
take anywhere from 5 to 23 business days once shipped. If there is no
arrival at 28 days, please contact me so we can resolve the issue and
re-ship if required.
All of my products come with a full 30 day satisfaction guarantee and
12 Month warrantee against material failure. If you are unhappy with
the product for whatever reason within the first 30 days, I will offer
you a full refund of monies paid as long as the interface is returned
to me in “As New” condition. In the unlikely event of the product
failing in the first 12 months, ship it back to me and we will check
and repair the item and send it back to you as new.
Custom Bundle: No
Modified Item: No
Product%252525252BType: PSK31 Interface
Product%25252525252BType: CAT interface
Non-Domestic Product: No